General Data Protection Regulations Policy
First Corporate Clothing Ltd is a leading provider of corporate clothing, work-wear and personal protective equipment to the private and public sectors. We aim to manage the business in a manner best suited to our economic needs whilst being data protection compliant. We are committed to the safe management of data relating to Customers, Staff and Suppliers. We consider this to be an essential part of responsible business practices. GDPR is a regulation by which EU Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify Data Protection for all individuals in the European Union and our commitments to GDPR are:
• To appoint a data controller
• To comply with all applicable Data Protection Regulations and approved codes of practice and to adopt best practice
• To ensure the secure collection, storage, use and destruction of personal data
• To report breaches to the Data Authority within 72 hours.
• To allow individuals to be forgotten or have a record updated
• To provide staff with training on Data Protection compliance
• To maintain a register of the various types of information stored and what information is being held.
• To provide individuals with information about how their personal data is used, for which purpose and with whom it might be shared.
• To enable individuals to provide consent for marketing purposes
• To ensure that a robust Information Security and IT Security policy is in place and communicated.
• To allocate sufficient resources both internally and externally to support the achievement of these objectives
This policy will be reviewed at least annually and updated as necessary.
Date: 14th February 2018
Review Date: 14th February 2019